Exploring Finn and the Swirly Spins Online Slot
One of the first things you’ll notice about the Finn and the Swirly Spin slot is the larger playing area. As well as five reels, there are also five rows. But the game has another trick up its sleeve too.
Instead of conventional reels that spin and settle to reveal winning lines, Finn and the Swirly Spin uses a reel system that ‘swirls’ into the centre, making it look completely different from the competition. This means you can keep an eye on the symbols making their way to the middle, which will hopefully fall in the right place to unlock big wins!
Finn and the Emerald Isle also differs from other slots when it comes to paylines. Normally, players select the lines across the reels that will pay out if symbols are lined up along them, with a higher number of active paylines improving the chances of winning. In this game, it’s all about the cluster pays feature.
Instead of looking for lines, players need to watch out for clusters symbols. The more symbols that can be grouped together, the higher the winnings! Cluster Pays games feel a lot more like mobile games (think Candy Crush), but you don’t need to manually look for combinations – just press the spin button and let the game do the hard work for you!
The symbols fit right into the theme too. You’ll see the standard hearts and spades card symbols, but the best symbols include a lucky horseshoe, a four leaf clover, acorns and a shiny red gem that all need to be linked together to win.
How to play Finn and the Swirly Spins
To get started with Finn and the Swirly Spin, you’ll need to pick your stake for each spin. Remember, unlike other slot games there aren’t paylines, but levels that increase the payouts depending on how many are in action. Bets start from as little as 1p all the way to £2 per spin, and with 10 levels, the maximum that can be wagered ranges from 10p to £200.
Playing is as simple as hitting the swirl button in the middle, with the symbols falling into place automatically and combining to pay out wins as the game progresses. Slick graphics remove the winning symbols and add new ones, so you just have to keep on clicking the button to win!
If you’d rather line up a certain number of spins and let the machine do the hard work for you, then just use the autospin feature. Select your stake, choose the number of swirls you’d like to go for, and sit back and watch the coins roll in.
One of the key things you’ll need to look out for is, well, the keys! These act as the scatter symbols and getting several together on the reels unlocks bonus features (more on those in a second).
The other symbols you’ll need to watch out for are the sat wild symbols and the gems. The gems pay the most out of all the basic symbols, offering up to 50 times your stake, and the wilds explode if you can link a few together – creating more space for new combos to land and hopefully boosting your overall wins!
Finn and the Swirly Spins Slot Game Features
Finn and the Swirly Spin has a few bonus features which change the game’s dynamic if you can unlock them. Getting a win using the wilds opens up one of four random features that pay out certain bonuses that improve your winning chances:
- Starfall Wilds – this adds 2 to 5 more wilds on the reels
- Dragon Destroy Random feature – this destroys a random number of symbols and drops more into place
- Irish Luck Random feature – a horizontal and vertical line of 1 type of symbol is added to give you a guaranteed win
- Magic Transform Random feature – transforms all spade and heart symbols into a better symbol
There’s also the free spins key scatter symbol that can appear in the centre of the screen. This opens up the opportunity to pick a free spins feature, with four to choose from:
- Star Bar Free Spins feature (1 key to unlock) – Gives seven Star Bar free spins with two to five wilds added on every free spin
- Lava Lair Free Spins feature (4 keys to unlock) – Gives three Lava Lair free spins with a random number of symbols destroyed. A sticky wild also appears in place of the key symbol.
- Lucky Mug Free Spins feature (9 keys to unlock) – Gives four Lucky Mug free spins with a horizontal and vertical line of one type of symbol that gives a guaranteed win.
- Golden Pot Free Spins feature (16 keys to unlock) – Gives two Golden Pot free spins with all spade / heart symbols transforming into a higher value symbol.