Blackjack 5 Hand
- The objective of the game of Blackjack is to achieve as close a value to 21 as possible, with 2 or more cards, and beat the Dealers score; if the Dealer’s score is above 21 then all remaining Player’s hand are winners.
- Players can bet up to 5 boxes at once; each box can be split, where rules allow, offering a further hand.
- The game also has secondary betting opportunities such as Double Down and Insurance with special case scenarios such as Even Money.
- The game is fast, has an element of skill and is played with 6 decks of cards which are shuffled at the start of every new game.
HOW TO PLAY:
Selecting a Chip: Click on one of the different valued chips to select it.
Placing a Bet: Click any of the bet boxes to place the selected chip; valid betting areas are highlighted as you hover over the box. Click again to add another chip to the current bet; choose up to 5 boxes.
Double the Bet: Click the Double Bet button to double the value of the bets on every box up to the table maximum.
Undo a Bet: The Undo button will remove chips from the bet boxes in the order in which they were placed.
Clearing all Bets: The Clear All button will remove all bets on all boxes in one click.
Deal: Click the Deal button to start the game; 2 cards will be dealt on each box and 2 cards dealt to the dealer with one card face down.
Once the initial deal has taken place and all Player and Dealer cards have been dealt the game will offer game play buttons in accordance with the rules of the game.
The game offers betting opportunity one box at a time from right to left. The active box is marked by a hovering arrow above the cards. The total value of the cards on each box is displayed; hands that contain Aces display both the low and high value since an Ace has a value of 1 or 11. Where the hand value is 21 with the first 2 cards the phrase Blackjack is displayed.
Hit: Click Hit to draw another card on the highlighted hand.
Stand: Clicking Stand will finish the hand; draw no further cards and move on to the next hand or the dealer, depending on the state of play.
Double Down: Double Down is offered once per hand and is available after the first 2 cards have been dealt to the player. This bet requires a further bet equal to the initiating bet; if sufficient funds are available in the balance, chips are placed next to the original bet to signify the increase and one further card is drawn. This completes the hand; no further action is possible.
Split: If the first 2 cards dealt are of the same value and type e.g. 8,8 or 10,10 etc then a split option is available. Clicking Split will cause the cards to separate and a further bet equal to the initiating bet is taken for the newly created hand. Further betting and/or drawing of cards is possible after this event, except in the case of Split Aces where one card is dealt per split hand only and is complete.
Once all the Player’s hands are complete the Dealer will reveal the face down card and continue drawing cards until the value is 17 or greater. If the Dealer’s total is above 21 then all remaining Player hands i.e. hands that have not exceeded 21, are paid as winners in accordance with the payout rules for the game.
If the Player and Dealer have the same value then the result is a Push, except in the instance where a Blackjack 21 is against a non Blackjack 21; Blackjack (a 2 card value) is always higher than achieving 21 with more than 2 cards.
The Game Rules button, found on the bottom right of the game displays a panel of the rules and payouts for the game.
Push: For Player and Dealer hands with the same value (excluding Blackjack) the payout is a Push; this is a return to the Player of their bet for the hand.
Player Wins: For hands where the Player has won (excluding Blackjack) either by beating the value of the dealer or the Dealer busting the player is paid 1 to 1 for their bets.
Blackjack: Where the Player has Blackjack (21 in 2 cards) and beats the dealer the payout is enhanced to the value of 2 to 1.
Insurance: This side bet has a payout of 2 to 1 and is paid when the Dealer has Blackjack and the Player does not for the hand. In this instance, the Player’s hand would lose.
Even Money: This payout returns 1 to 1 and only occurs when the player has Blackjack and the dealer is showing a face card after the initial deal. In this instance the player can choose to take Even Money for their Blackjack hand negating the risk the dealer may also have Blackjack which would have resulted in a push.
Further Game Buttons: During game play the game control buttons will change according to the rules of the game and the current state of play. These options include:
- Insurance ‐ Yes, No, Yes to all hands, No to all hands
- Even Money – Yes, No
At the end of a completed game the options Repeat Bet & Deal and Repeat Bet are available.
Repeat Bet & Deal mimics the previous games original stakes on each box. Repeat Bet places all the previous games starting bets but allows modification before the start of the deal.
This payout returns 1 to 1 and only occurs when the Player has Blackjack and the Dealer is showing a face card after the initial deal. In this instance the Player can choose to take Even Money for their Blackjack hand negating the risk the Dealer may also have Blackjack which would have resulted in a push.
The Preferences button, found on the bottom right of the game displays a panel of the customisable options found in the game. Any preferences set for the game will be reloaded next the game is visited by the individual player.
Card Style: Two card styles are available; Classic and Poker. Simply click the card style of choice to select a different style.
Cloth Colour: Three cloth colours are available in the game.
Game Play Options: Three game play functions are available:
- Always Offer Insurance; the game will offer Insurance when the Dealer is showing a face value card
- In Game Warnings; the game will warn the player if choices being made are not, potentially, in their best interests to do so e.g. attempting to draw a card when on 20
- Remove Bust Cards; the game will either remove bust hands (those over 21) during game play or at the end of the game during the payout settling
Click these options to toggle them on/off.
Sound Options: Three sound control functions are available:
- Dealer Voice; choose between a male or female dealer voice and set the volume of the voice relative to the other sound functions
- Music; the game is supplied with three light background Jazz sound loops which are called randomly. Set the volume of this music relative to the other sound functions
- Sound Effects; chip clicks, card cracks etc are controlled with this volume slide control
The long term, average expected RTP is 99.50% based on optimum playing stategy. System malfunction voids all pays and play.