Big Top Information & Game Rules
What are winning lines?
Big Top is a 20-line slot game that may present 20 winning combinations of five symbols across its five reels. A ‘win line' is a line of symbols that MAY contain a winning combination when the reels stop. A win line must contain a minimum of three consecutive symbols (appearing from left to right) for any payout to be made. However, this does not apply to Scatters.
Selecting lines for play
Big Top will always play a 20-line game unless you intervene. That is, it will always proceed on the basis that 20 win lines are possible. Note that when you place a bet on Big Top your stake amount is accepted on a PER LINE basis. The more lines you have selected the greater the amount you need to stake. For example, if you have 10 lines selected and you stake £1, the overall stake amount will be £10.
If you do not want to play a 20-line game then use the Lines Button (+/-) to reduce/increase the number of possible win lines. For example (and with reference to the win-line table above): If you reduce the number of lines to 19, any possible payout from line 20 becomes unavailable. If you then reduce the number of lines to 18, any possible payout from lines 19 and 20 become unavailable, and so on.
Customising your line selection
You will notice that each line is represented by an Indicator Button, numbered 1-20, displayed on either side of the reels. These indicators are also illuminated when the game is first displayed, meaning all lines are active. You can disable/enable as many lines as you wish by clicking the appropriate Indicator Button.
Setting your stake amount
Once the number of lines you want to play have been selected it is time to decide how much money to stake on each of them. Remember that stakes are accepted on a per line basis. To increase, or decrease, the amount you are going to bet on each line, click the plus (+) or minus (-) buttons in the Stake/Line box.
The total stake amount for your forthcoming Big Top Extravaganza game will be Stake/Line multiplied by the number of lines you have chosen to play. For example, if you select £2 in the Stake/Line box and you decide to play 20 lines then the total amount that will be staked on the next game will be £40. This is shown in the Total Stake area.
Spinning the reels
When you have selected your lines and selected a stake (or bet) it's time to play. To activate Big Top click the Spin Button. When the reels stop (and after any free spins, or features, have been played out), any wins will be highlighted and any winnings will be added automatically to your balance.
What you can win
Big Top displays its win values (or payouts) in its own Paytable. They can be viewed by clicking the Paytable Button. Payouts are based on specific symbol combinations appearing on win lines and are shown in multiples of the winning line stake amount. For example, 5 - 750 means that if five instances of a particular symbol appear on the win line the payout will be 750 multiplied by amount staked, per line.
If you want to play a number of games in succession you may want to use the Auto Spin Button. To increase or decrease the number of auto spins you want click the plus (+) or minus (-) buttons in the Auto Spin box. To then activate Big Top Extravaganza under the control of the auto spin function click the Auto Spin Button and the game will play automatically as many times as you specify (assuming you have sufficient funds). Auto spinning can be cancelled at any time by clicking the Stop Button.
If there is a win during auto play the Gamble Button, Auto Spin Button and Stop Button will flash alternately for a short while; if you don't press anything then the auto spin will continue. If you choose to gamble then autospin will continue when you exit the gamble game. If you press the Auto Spin it will skip any win animations and continue with auto spins. If you press Stop it will cancel the remaining auto spins.
The Gamble Feature
Whenever you win, you will be offered the opportunity to gamble your winnings. The Gamble Button will blink and if you want to gamble your winnings (before the next spin) you must click it. The amount gambled will be your total win amount for the current play (or spin).
Note, however, that if you get a line win, free-spins and play a special feature game in a single spin; each will be played out in turn, with the Gamble option being offered on the total overall amount won for that spin.
With the Gamble Feature you can either double, or quadruple, your winnings, as follows:
- The Gamble Feature displays a card that is face down and you have you guess what the card is.
- To double your winnings (X2) you must decide whether the card is red, or black. To do this click either "Red", or "Black", as a correct colour.
- To quadruple your winnings (X4) you must decide whether the card is a Heart, a Club, a Diamond, or a Spade. To do this click either "Heart", "Club", "Diamond", or "Spade", as a correct suit.
- The face-down card then turns over. If you have guessed a colour/suit correctly your winnings are multiplied by two, or four. If you have guessed incorrectly your winnings are lost for the current spin.
- Click "Collect" to receive your winnings at any time.
Note: You may continue using the Gamble Feature until you either lose, or reach the maximum win limit. You are not permitted to gamble a win if the successful result would exceed the stated maximum win.
Important Game Symbols
The symbols used by Big Top are as follows. Wild, Scatter, Feature and Progressive represent "special" conditions that invariably mean higher payouts, free plays, or extra game features:
A "Wild" is a symbol that can be substituted for any other symbol (except a Scatter, or Progressive) to make the best win possible. Big Top will do this automatically for you. Additionally, the Wild Symbol has a random multiplier value attached (X2, X5, or X10), which is revealed to you as the game progresses.
A "Scatter" gives you multiple free spins (variable in number) of the reels if 3, or more, Scatter symbols appear anywhere when the reels have stopped.
This will trigger the Free Play feature. When this happens you are awarded a multiple of your current stake, no matter what happens during the forthcoming free play period.
When free play is activated you will be shown the 15 Big Top reel position boxes with question marks inside each of them. Behind each question mark is either a message saying "one spin", "five spins", "two spins", etc, or the instruction "Start Free Spins".
As you click on each box in turn the numbers that appear are added together to give the total number of free spins you will eventually have. When the instruction "Start Free Spins" is revealed this process ends and the free spins begin automatically.
- Free spins continue playing automatically until they are exhausted.
- At the end of the free spins period a "congratulations screen" appears, displaying the amount you have won.
- If you get three or more Scatter symbols in a single spin during the free spin period, a number of extra free spins will be awarded to the total free spins remaining.
- Extra free spins are possible more than once in the free spin feature.
- Free spin reels are different to the reels normally used by Big Top. For example, there are no feature symbols or "standard" Wilds (although there are additional sticky wilds).
- Auto spins are cancelled while free spins are in progress.
Note that Scatters are associated with "Sticky Wilds". A Sticky Wild is a Wild that displays a number. The Wild remains in play for that number of further spins. Note that Sticky Wilds only appear when the free spin feature is being played and will disappear after the last "sticky" spin or the last "free" spin (whichever occurs first).
A "Feature" is a mini-game available within Big Top. It is activated when 3, or more, feature symbols appear on a win line.
A "Progressive" is a Jackpot that accumulates value, or "progresses", as you spin the reels on and on. A Jackpot consists of a fixed minimum amount of money that increases by a percentage of incoming stake amounts.
The Jackpot symbol (shown here) is linked to three Progressives, Mini, Midi and Maxi. An amount for each is displayed above the reels. Which Jackpot is won depends upon the number of Jackpot symbols appearing in the win line. For details, see the Paytable.
When the Jackpot is won the prize fund is reset to its minimum amount and the process starts again.
Important points to note about Jackpots:
- Jackpots are available for the "real play" version of Big Top only.
- A minimum stake amount of £/€1 per line is required to qualify for inclusion in a Jackpot game.
- The minimum seed amount for the Progressive Jackpots are are: Mini=2%, Midi=1.5%, Maxi=1%.
- The seeds (or starting values for the respective Jackpots) are: Mini=5,000, Midi=10,000, Maxi=50,000.
- If the players stake is greater or equal to the minimum qualifying stake then the following contributions will be taken from the stake and added to the Jackpot Mini=2.0%, Midi=1.5%, Maxi=1.0%
- Winning a Progressive Jackpot neither contributes to, or is affected by the daily cumulative winnings limit.
- It is not possible for two players to simultaneously win the Jackpot. The Jackpot is locked when it is being won. This means that no other bets will be accepted for it and only one player at a time is able to win it.
- The Wild card Icon will not substitute for a Progressive icon.