1. Under-age Gambling
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to open an account or to place a bet with BetVictor. We take our responsibilities in this area very seriously and carry out stringent age verification checks on customers who use payment methods available to children. We also reserve the right to suspend accounts whilst we request documentation.
Anyone under the age of 18 found using this site will have winnings forfeited and the account will be closed with immediate effect.
We also advise that if your computer is used by children that you keep your account number/username confidential and you may wish to make use of parental control software such as netnanny (www.netnanny.com) or cybersitter (www.cybersitter.com).
2. Responsible Gambling
BetVictor would like you to enjoy your gambling experience. We recognise the need for a responsible attitude towards gambling and we have in place a number of measures to promote and ensure responsible gambling.
3. Deposit Limits
We understand that some customers like to be able to set a limit on the amount they can deposit in to their BETVICTOR account over a certain time period. The deposit limit facility allows you to limit the amount of money that you are able to deposit in to your account either daily (00:01:00 GMT to 00:00:59 GMT the subsequent day) or weekly (Monday 00:01:00 GMT to 00:00:59 on the subsequent Monday GMT). These amounts maybe reduced at any time, a reduction of your limits will be implemented immediately. An increase in your deposit limits will only be implemented after 24hours following the request.
You are able to set your deposit limits either when registering your account on the registration page or if you are an existing customer by going to “My Account” “Settings”.
This will also show you the remaining amount available to deposit and will show any pending increases you have requested.
Deposit limits are automatically set to No Limit if you do not request a daily or weekly limit.
Please Note: Deposit limits are set to the individual account and not your payment method.
4. Problem Gambling Checklist
- Do you stay away from work or studying in order to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from boredom or unhappiness?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until all your money is lost?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Have you ever lied borrowed or stolen to maintain betting habits?
- Are you reluctant to spend gambling money on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
The more 'yes' answers you have given to these questions, the more likely you are to have a serious gambling problem.
We recommend that you:
- Gamble as a form of entertainment
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble money you can afford to lose
- Keep track of the time and monitor the amount of money you spend
5. Organisations That Can Help
- Gamcare: www.gamcare.org.uk 0800 5400 133
- Gamblers Anonymous: www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk 08700 50 88 80
6. Self Exclusion
While most customers are able to enjoy their gambling experience, we recognise that for some customers it can become a problem. For those customers we offer the facility to exclude themselves from playing with us. Customers who make use of our self-exclusion policy cannot re-open their account for a minimum of 6 months. Unless you use our self-exclusion facility, a closed account can be re-opened at any time.