Oktoberfest Information & Game Rules
Oktoberfest is a wildcard, bonus slot game with 2 modes of play, regular and bonus.
In regular play, the goal is to achieve a winning combination of symbols on the game's reels, along any of 9 possible pay lines. You can select any or all of the pay lines, and bet up to 5 credits on each one.
The bonus game allows you to multiply your winnings many, many times over. If a winning combination of bonus symbols appears during regular play, the bonus screen appears. Twelve beer kegs are displayed. A beer is poured from the keg when it's clicked. Each beer is worth a bonus multiplier of 1x, 2x or 5x, except for the Collect keg. The bonus multipliers increase the final amount won. The goal is to click on the highest number of bonus multipliers possible before the Collect keg is selected. However, if the Collect keg is clicked on first, you win ALL the bonus multipliers.
A slot game with five reels and nine pay lines is used.
You choose the value of the credits to be played. You can bet one credit or up to five credits per line, for all or any of the 9 pay lines, for a maximum total of 45 credits. Different payouts are awarded depending on the number of credits played and the winning combination.
All winning patterns for regular play begin with a symbol on the left-most reel, and continue left to right, along the pay line.
NOTE: The symbols must be beside each other with no other symbols in between them in order to win.
You can view the payouts and each winning combination by clicking the Pay Table button. A winning payline will highlight and display the number of credits won.
There are nine possible pay lines.
Note that some squares are used in more than one pay line. Since the people and the horse symbols win even if there is only one of them, having one of these symbols in, for example, the bottom left-most corner means you will win 3 times, for pay lines 3, 5, and 9.
Payout amounts vary depending on a) what the symbol is b) how many symbols are in a row - 3, 4, or 5 (or in the case of any of the horse, man or woman symbols, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5).
The horse symbol is a wild card symbol.
This means that in addition to paying out on 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 horses (from left to right), the horse symbol is also used to complete combinations that use the woman or the man symbols.
For example, if you have 2 woman icons and 1 horse icon beside each other, starting at the left-most reel on a pay line, you will win the payout for 3 woman icons.
Bonus Round Activation
There are 3 different drink icons which are bonus round symbols in Oktoberfest: the beer mug, the wine bottle and the glass tumbler. If three or more of the same drink icons appear on adjacent reels (beside each other with no other symbols in between them), the bonus round is activated.
NOTE: These symbols DO NOT have to start at the left-most position or share a pay line.
Calculating The Bonus
Bonuses consist of 3 multipliers which are combined to determine how many bonus credits are to be awarded.
- Credits Played x Win Multiplier x Bonus Multiplier = Bonus Credits won.
- Credits Played - Number of credits played on the spin that triggered the bonus (1 to 45)
- Bonus Multiplier - Number of reel bonus symbols that triggered the bonus (Bonus multiplier of 1, 2 or 3 for having 3, 4 or 5 bonus symbols)
- Win Multiplier - Number of multipliers uncovered in the bonus round (1 to 20).
Once all the multipliers have been determined, they are tabulated in the Bonus Round Summary
You can play up to 45 credits (9 lines x 5 credits each). The more credits played, the higher the bonus will be.
The more symbols used to activate the bonus round, the higher your Bonus Multiplier will be.
- 3 of the same drink symbol = 1x Bonus Multiplier
- 4 of the same drink symbol = 2x Bonus Multiplier
- 5 of the same drink symbol = 3x Bonus Multiplier
Going into the bonus round, you have established 2 of 3 credit multipliers, Credits Played and Bonus Multiplier. The bonus round determines your third multiplier, the Win Multiplier.
In the bonus round, you will see 12 kegs. You click on the kegs one by one to reveal bonus multiplier symbols 1x, 2x, 5x, or the Collect symbol. If you pick the Collect window on your first pick, you win the maximum, ALL the Win Multipliers!
The bonus round ends when Collect is picked, and then all Win multipliers that were picked are added together.
Your total bonus winnings are then calculated as follows: Credits Played x Win Multiplier x Bonus Multiplier. In the screen above the player bet 45 credits (Credits Played), got 3 of the same drinks on adjacent reels (for a Win Multiplier of 1x), and then clicked on kegs worth 19x before clicking on the Collect window. 1 x 45 x 19 = 855, so the player would win 855 coins (credits). The amount this would be worth would depend on the value of the credits being used.
Click on Return To Game to go back to the regular game.
How to Play
- Select how much you want your credits to be worth using the < or > buttons.
- Select the pay lines you want to wager on by clicking on either the coloured beer mug beside each pay line, the Bet Nine button, or the Bet Max button. The number of credits you are playing for each pay line is shown in the coloured beer mug beside it.
- Your total bet amount will be shown in the Bet display.
- Press the Spin button to spin the reels.
- If you enter the bonus round, click on windows until the Collect window is selected to determine your Win Multiplier.
The result of a winning round can be seen on the Paid display.
- Pay Line Buttons - You can select pay lines individually by clicking on the beer mug beside each line. Click again to raise the bet by one credit with each click.
Pay Table - Provides a view of the available payouts. Use the Back and Next buttons to view different screens on the pay table. Select Close to return to the game. View the payout amounts for different combinations and different coin amounts by clicking the left and right arrows.
Credit Value - Use the < and the > to raise and lower the value of the credits being bet.
- Clear Bet - Clears all the lines and amount to be bet to 0.
- Bet Nine - Automatically places a 1-credit play bet on each of the 9 pay lines, each time the button is pressed. The number of lines is displayed under the word Lines in the window on the bottom left corner of the screen, the amount you have selected to bet will show under Bet.
- Bet Max - Automatically places a 5-credit play bet on each of the 9 pay lines.
- Spin - Activates the reels. On the next spin, the button is changed to Same Spin enabling you to repeat your last bet. To change your bet, select new pay lines.
Balance - Shows your monetary account balance.
Credits - Credits is your balance, converted into the credit value you have selected. For example, if your balance is 1000.00 and you select a credit value of 1.00, the credit display will show 1000 credits (worth 1.00 each). With the same 1000.00 balance, if you select a credit value of 2.00, the credit display will show 500 credits (worth 2.00 each).
Lines - Shows the number of lines that have been selected.
Bet - Shows the number of credits that have been selected.
Paid - Shows the number of credits you won on the round just played.
Go to Main Menu - Options to bring up the following menu:
Graphic Quality: You can change this to Low if you are experiencing slowdowns in play because of your computer's processing abilities. Note: Slowdowns in play can also be the result of Internet-related issues such as peak usage periods.
Sound FX: This turns the game sounds (such as the beeps when you click on the buttons) on and off.
Load Ambient Sound: This will turn on the sounds of a normal casino, such as people talking in the background. (These sounds are very quiet compared to the other sounds.)
The minimum bet is 1 credit per round.
The maximum bet is 45 credits per round.
The long term, average expected RTP is 94.00%. System malfunction voids all pays and play.